Not “Energy Transition,” but “Energy Evolution.” In recent years, Energy Transition has gained popularity as a term, however, it is a narrow, limited view of the dynamics at play and severely underestimates the energy requirements that must be fulfilled, and the complexities involved.
We do not need a transition. We need an evolution.
At the Houston Strategy Forum, through the vigorous discussions at our recent symposiums, we have developed the concept of E21 (e-twenty-one) — Energy Evolution for the 21st Century. E21 is an overarching concept, providing greater clarity and context to address holistically humanity’s energy needs.
E21 encompasses enhancements and developments in multiple dimensions including:
• Volume of Energy to meet the needs of a thriving and growing global economy
• Sources and Diversity of Energy including zero-to-low-carbon fossil fuels, renewables, hydrogen, nuclear, hydropower, etc.
• Reduction in the Environmental Impact of energy production, transportation, and consumption
• Ensuring and enhancing of ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) objectives
• Accessibility of Energy worldwide including in the remotest regions
• Reliability of Energy during extreme weather events
• Affordability of Energy , so even the poorest can afford it
• Security of Energy
• Energy efficiency
• Reduction in Energy Waste
• Profits Generation and growth of Commercial opportunities
• Sense of Urgency to deliver on these dimensions• We invite you to add additional dimensions…
Energy is critical for the welfare of humanity and a thriving global economy. With great power comes great responsibility. Energy must be produced, transported, delivered, and consumed in a responsible and environmentally sound manner. We need ecosystems of companies, industries and regions working together to evolve and enhance the world’s energy capabilities.
On August 30th, we are inviting the top leaders of major organizations that produce, transport, deliver, and importantly consume energy. In addition, we are inviting leaders of organizations that serve these industries and help facilitate the value creation. Our goal is to facilitate an open, thoughtful and probing discussion on Energy Evolution for the 21st Century.
Humanity demands big thinking when it comes to E21! Join us to hear big ideas from our speakers and contribute your big ideas during the discussion.
We are looking forward to a powerful discussion with:
Opening Keynote Discussion
• Ms. Gretchen Watkins, President, Shell USA
Closing Keynote Discussion
• Ms. Melody Meyer, Board Member, BP, AbbVie, NOV
• Mr. Tom Reichert, Global CEO, ERM
• Mr. Parker Meeks, President and Interim CEO, Hyzon Motors
• Mr. Corey Hessen, President, Power & Storage, TC Energy
• Mr. Luca Zanotti, President, Tenaris